Talking about Travel.
Let’s talk about travel. Here are some discussion questions that you can use to practice conversation with a friend:
- Do you like to travel?
- Where is the most interesting place that you’ve visited?
- Where would you like to travel to in the future?
- Are there any places that you visited that you did not like?
- What is your favourite mode of transport? Have you ever flown business class?
- Would you like to work in the travel industry?
Now let’s look at some useful vocabulary related to the topic of travel:
Commute – to travel every day to get to/ from work.
The rush hour – period/s of time, usually within a city when everybody is commuting.
To board – to get on an airplane, boat or train.
Arrivals/ departures board – an electronic screen that tells passengers about all the flights/ trains/ boats that are arriving or departing in a certain period today.
Season ticket – a ticket that allows you to take the same journey every day for a week/ month/ year. Season tickets usually apply to commutes by train.
Platform – the place from which a train leaves or arrives at the station.
Let’s hope this vocabulary was useful and that you got some practice talking about this topic! Happy journeys, and please post a photo of your travels in the comments below!
Published at :