The Top Books of 2018.
At the English department we advocate reading. Everybody needs to read more. If you think that reading a book is boring, then you are completely on the wrong track. Please see some quotes that have been posted on this website that explain why reading a book can be so beneficial.
Since we are reaching the end of another year, now is a good time to review what we have been reading, so in this post here are some books that have been well worth reading:
- Silk Roads by Peter Frankopan. This is a fascinating account of world history from a different perspective.
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling. Mr Rosling’s affable style shines through in this book that will help you understand the world a little better and feel better about it.
- Principles by Ray Dallio. The famous billionaire shares his perspectives on success. There is a lot to learn from him.
- The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene. This is a BIG book, and needs to be read step by step. However, Robert Greene’s works are fascinating and full of insight.
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins. David Goggins has accomplished some amazing physical feats. We should listen to him and learn how to take the action that matters, despite how we feel. Warning: This book contains strong language.
What are your favourite books that you have read in 2018? Please post your list in the comments.
Published at :